Sunday Service 14-Sept-2014
God gave me oppurtunity to speak on the “THE VEIL” in the temple of God. Few weeks back we started the series on the “INSIDE THE TEMPLE OF GOD”. We were looking into all the elements inside the temple and its spiritual significance.
Exod 26:31-34 “You shall make a veil woven of blue, purple, and scarlet thread, and fine woven linen. It shall be woven with an artistic design of cherubim. You shall hang it upon the four pillars of acacia wood overlaid with gold. Their hooks shall be of gold, upon foursockets of silver. And you shall hang the veil from the clasps. Then you shall bring the ark of the Testimony in there, behind the veil. The veil shall be a divider for you between the holy place and the Most Holy. You shall put the mercy seat upon the ark of the Testimony in the Most Holy.”
This topic we will dwell in details about the VEIL.
- Construction of Veil
- What is the use of Veil
- Jesus and Veil
1) CONSTRUCTION OF VEIL:
- Veil should be made of blue and purple and scarlet material and with fine twisted linen
- It shall be made with cherubim
- It should be the work of a skillful workman.
- You shall hang it on four pillars of acacia overlaid with gold, their hooks also being of gold, on four sockets of silver.
- You shall hang up the veil under the clasps, and shall bring in the ark of the testimony there within the veil;
- and the veil shall serve for you as a partition between the holy place and the holy of holies
2) PURPOSE OF VEIL:
- Veil shall serve for you as a partition between the holy place and the holy of holies
- Separate the SIN and HOLINESS
- It was not the object of the Veil to give access to God; for it was that which prevented it.
- One should not go beyond the Veil unless your SINs are atoned for
- Only on the the day of atonement High Priest can enter and sprinkle the blood on the Veil and on the ark of the covenant
- The blood on the Veil changed the throne of God from a throne of judgment to a throne of grace.
3) GOD TEARS THE VEIL:
“Jesus uttered a loud cry, and breathed His last. And the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom” (Matthew 27:51). God tears the VEIL with his hand and all the SINs of the world has been atonned for. Jesus paid it all and we don’t owe anything.
- Letting the Sinner reach God and letting anyone enter the Holy Place.
- We can see the Glory of God
- There is no mediator between the God and his people
4) JESUS AND THE VEIL:
- JESUS DEATH TEARS: “Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh” (Hebrews 10:19-20)
- GOD WANTS JESUS TO DIED: Isaiah 53:10, “But the Lord was pleased to crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, and the good pleasure of the Lord will prosper in His hand”
- Jesus Christ is our all-sufficient propitiation. It was His blood on the Mercy Seat that turned away the wrath of God, and opened the way into the presence of God for all men who will believe on Him
- RECONCILIATION: “Since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water” (Hebrews 10:21-22)